How You Can Help Underrepresented Students “Aim Higher”
Most students who are identified as “underrepresented” (minority, from low-income families, or first generation in college) want to continue their education after high school, but those students face many barriers to getting there.
How do those barriers get lifted? It might be as easy as holding those students to higher standards.
ACT and Univision will host a FREE webinar on how to help underrepresented high school students achieve college readiness. You’ll get a chance to interact with nationally known experts on the challenges facing students who too often fall through the cracks and discover new tools to help these students. Among the topics we’ll cover:
- The importance of holding high expectations for underrepresented students
- Defining “college readiness” and the benchmarks needed to attain it
- Trends and data concerning underrepresented education and enrollment
- The aspirations and struggles of first-generation students
- Accommodations for English language learners
Reserve your spot for this webinar, taking place on February 28, by registering today!